Michaella

Michaella

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Meet the Fam Bam.

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving my family arrived last night! And I am so grateful for transportation and that they got here safely. Because I'm really focused on family, I wanted to take this time to tell you about mine. I have a friend that calls them crazy Scholz stories, so get ready for a couple crazy Scholz stories.

First off, let me introduce everybody to you.

Here are my lovely parents. I love them so very much. My Dad, Jeremy, is a 7th-grade science teacher and the best person to sneak out to get tacos with. My Mom, Jennifer, just started this year as a Kindergarten teacher and is the women who taught me to be the crafty, smart person that I am today. I laugh at this picture because I told my parents that it looks like a pregnancy announcement. But no baby here!



Here is my sister Madison. She is a year younger than me and is currently attending Utah Valley University. Madison currently works at Vivint and is having lots of fun in her first year of college.




Here is my sister Macie. She is a junior in high school and works really hard to balance school, church, and her job at an accounting firm. Macie is one of my favorite people because she is the chillest person I've ever met. Being with her,
you never have to worry about doing or saying something wrong because she doesn't care.

Here is my sister Molly. She just started high school this past year and she is killing it. She is on the  improv team, in ASB and in the musical this year. She is such a funny person and she doesn't even try.

Here is my brother Merrick. Man, this kid is just a ball of never ending ball of energy. This year he is a 7th grader and trying everything and everything. Which is good for him!





Here is my brother Miles. He tends to be everybody's favorite. He is uber small, but nevertheless he is in the 4th grade. And the funniest person in his grade.






So here are the 10 crazy Scholz stories for you.

1. We live in a two story house right now and Molly and Macie shared a room upstairs. Molly walks from the bathroom into her room wrapped up in a towel and then all of a sudden, lets out a blood-curdling screech. My dad books it upstairs into her you and she just screams, "there is someone looking at me." She brings my dad to her window and again shrieks. "Look there are eyes looking at me." My dad takes a look and begins to laugh. "Molly, that's your reflection."

2. Madison and I used to laugh because we used to think that Taco Bell only served soft and crunchy tacos and to learn that they had other items on their menu was a magical day. One time on a road trip Macie walked into Taco Bell and it was her turn to order and she goes up there and she orders. "I'd like a hamburger." Me, being the older sister that I am, lean over and tell her she can't get a hamburger. And Macie begins to get upset and continues to insist on the hamburger. At this point, the lady at the register has no idea what to do. And then she finally breaks down, "Fine, I'll have the chicken nuggets."

3. We moved around a lot when I was a kid, but there was this one house that had these pistachio trees that we all loved to climb. We were all pretty good at climbing trees except for the
boys because they were little. So Merrick was trying to climb down and somehow his belt loop got caught on a knot on the tree. Imagine a small boy hanging from a tree by his belt loop. Now that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. And that's why it took so long for us to get our Mom to help him.

4. Like I said before we lived in a two story house so my mom bought a fire escape ladder just in case. She hide it in her closet. One weekend when my mom was gone, my dad and I thought that it would be fun to practice climbing out of our second story. We thought we were super sly and sneaky. But then we posted pictures on  Facebook so that backfired. Luckily, our mom is pretty chill.

5. When we lived in the house with the pistachio trees, at one point all the girls shared the master bedroom. We had to bunk beds in there and we invented a game. There would be one girl on the happened but we didn't pay for it.
bottom bunk and she would throw up stuffed animals and the girl on the top bunk would try and catch as many as they could. Merrick wasn't allowed to play, in a fit of anger he threw this big yellow stuffed duck up in the air and broke a ceiling fan blade. My parents were very upset and the girls were told that we have to pay for it. And me being the sassy person I was rallied up the troops to say that we weren't going to pay for it because it wasn't our fault. I don't remember what

6. I like to think that I am a nice person. When I was a little, I was kind of the worst. I was born in Provo and for a while we lived in Spanishfork. One winter morning my mom, my very pregnant mom, went out to go get the mail. She left the house in a robe to go trudge through the snow to grab the mail. I, being the small devil that I was, locked the door. Imagine being a pregnant woman getting to the door and it being locked. Calling out to your two small kids in the house, only for them not to come to the door. Somehow my mom crawled through a window and landed on her bed, like a small beached whale. (That's how she described the feeling to me, I am not being rude.)

7. As kids, we were always the cool kids on the block. Or so we thought.. We would always play games, one of our favorites were Survivor or competition games. We had this challenge we were supposed to be guiding our blind partner through a maze to the finish line. Me and Madison were going to lose. So I just yell RUUUUNNNNNNNN. And she does. Right straight on to a giant tree trunk. And she fell like a domino. It's hard to apologize when you are laughing so hard you can't breathe.

8. One of my favorite stories happened at Thanksgiving with the extended  family. We were at my grandma's house and the girls were all hanging out and the "boys" my Dad, my uncle Jeff and my uncle Tom went longboarding. They tied a rope to the back of a car and then rode behind it. Us girls were all in the kitchen nibbling on the dinner when all of a sudden, my uncle Jeff runs through the front door screaming, "I need a car! I need a car! Tom is in the ER!" We all thought it was a joke, but no, Jeff rushed Tom's wife to the ER. What had happened was Tom took a turn a little too wide, a little too fast and ended up landing in the middle of a parked car's windshield. The funny part is no one was drunk. We are just a little hardcore.

9. I love camping and I think it is mostly because of this one camping trip we went on. This camping trip was almost 6 years age. We went on a camping trip to Lost Lake, which really isn't a lake, more like a river. And the water was freezing but the air was hot. Even at night, so in the middle of the night we decided to go climbing through the water. Macie is afraid of fish, so wading through the dark water was not her favorite thing. So we were all freaking out trying to climb over these rocks because we can't see. We are yelling about how we are supposed to find rocks to step on. And then all you hear is Molly's tiny little voice, "all you have to do is follow your heart." We laughed so hard we fell into the water.

10. Here is another story while my mom was pregnant. (My mom had six kids, so she was pregnant a lot.) Because my dad was a science teacher we always have critters and a lot of times this often includes snakes. My mom was sweeping and all of a sudden here comes a black snake into the kitchen. Cue all the screaming. I jumped straight on the kitchen counter. Someone opened up the front door and my mom swept that little sucked right out the front door. My dad was upset, but the lesson here is pregnant women don't handle snake very well.




Well, there you have it 10 crazy Scholz stories! Make sure this Thanksgiving season, where ever you  are, remember those who make up your family.
As promised here is the giveaway, many of you asked about me selling my mail art. Instead, I'm going to do a giveaway! Comment below your favorite post of mine and you will be entered into the drawing for 4 homemade Christmas postcards ready for you to fill out and send! The contest will closeWednesday, December 2 at 12 AM and winners will be announced that morning.


Till next time!
- M
















3 comments: