Michaella

Michaella

Sunday, October 25, 2015

God is good.

This week I have done a lot of reflecting. I am very proud of where I am today. Today I am a student at BYU who is submitting her Theatre Ed application very soon. I am a crew supervisor of the Blue Line Deli. I am learning how to play soccer while on an intermural team. And I am trying to be the best I can be. I think it is good to recognize how well we are doing because often we are sucked into comparing our lives to those around us. I am doing just fine.

I also think it is important to recognize the little miracles.

This past week my roommate Megan, got a flat tire and being the girls that we are we didn't even try to fix it. And on Wednesday a dear friend of ours texted me asking if he could come by to fix her car. When he got here he told us that he was inspired to go to Jamba Juice. And he really didn;t know why nor did he need a Jamba Juice, but nonetheless he went to Jamba Juice. And that my friends, is where he ran into Megan and he flat tire came up and he knew that was why he had to go to Jamba Juice. So with his help we set out to fix her flat tire. Unfortunately, once we got the tire off the car kept falling off the jack and we were worried about the brake because it kept hitting the ground. It took us 1 1/2 to change her flat and we messed up three jacks. The important part is we got the tire changed. But I felt bad because our friend missed a meeting he was supposed to attend because it took so long. I was holding his phone so I know how important this meeting was because his phone was set up with lots of reminders for this meeting. After he left we were talking about why that happened because we knew that he was supposed to be here helping us. So why did it take so long and why did he miss his meeting? And then right at that moment he called us and told us that the guy forgot about the meeting and they just rescheduled. 
Then this Friday I had a date and we were driving to meet up with a group and his car broke down on the side of the freeway. Which is freaking scary. And he called this girl who was also going to the group date too to come pick us up but then he phone died. Not knowing anyone else going to the group date we kinda just sat there. We were stuck with no one coming to get us. I prayed a lot. And then a highway patrolman  pulled over and backed up so he was behind us and then came and talked to us. I was slightly freaking out because authority freaks me out. But he helped us figure out that the battery was dead and him and my date discussed how to jump it without cables. The goal was for the patrolman to push us down the side of the freeway until my date was able to get the engine started. I had to jump in the driver seat as my date pushed the car backward so we would have enough room. Very scared of getting hit I steered as he pushed. And then the highway patrol car pushed us with his car until we were able to drive again. We took an exit and were just trying to go where we needed to be and then in an attempt to turn around the car died again in a neighborhood. He called his people and no one answered. I then called my people and luckily Megan answered, but then she got lost. I have no idea how she found us because her phone wasn't working and she was really upset. But she found us.We both were praying really hard. And I know that's how she found me. 
Not everything is perfect but I'm grateful to be where I am and I am proud of how I got here. 
- M 

No comments:

Post a Comment