Michaella

Michaella

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Amatuer Photography


I was one of those girls who thought they were a photographer and would post pictures on facebook like these.

 
And obviously they weren't the greatest. But I had to start somewhere.
So I just kept taking pictures.
 
And then I ended up with pictures more like...
 

 

 
Which are okay but I still kept taking pictures and editing them myself.
And then pictures like this happened.
 



 
 
Pictures started to be more interesting. As you can see these pictures are  a lot better than when I was first taking pictures. So unlike a lot of people when others post pictures on social media like they are photographers it doesn't bother me. Because that's how you get better. Practice makes perfect right? But in addition to just taking pictures make sure you read and look at other pictures for inspiration. And look up tutorials! I have a Pinterest board dedicated not just to photography but tips and advice on how to take good pictures!
 
Here is a link if you want to look!
 
My college roommate who I am going to see in less than 6 days is also very interested in photography and now has her very own photography and shoots wedding, seniors sessions and more.
 I asked her if she also had any advice this is what she said
 
"Well, Practice. Also shadowing a professional photographers is a great way to learn more. I offered to be an assistant for a few professional photographers and saw how they did things and learned so much from them. I also found different styles from working with different photographers that I felt connected to me and what I wanted my photography to represent. Another thing would be to feel confident in your own artistic ability but still be open to others ideas and suggestions"
 
So keep shooting! As long as you are using a camera and not a gun!
 
Yeah I know I watch too many random crimes shows! Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment