Michaella

Michaella

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014. A year in review.

2014. What a year we laughed, we cried and took it like a champ. Well, at least I like to think we did. It's hard to remember all 365 days. But I'm going to pick my top 14 moments of 2014.


  1. My Spartan race feels like it was so long ago, but it was in January. The week I was doing it I had the flu, but I went that weekend and did a 5-mile obstacle course went to school on Monday and continued going to rehearsals that week. I trained for this event and now I have two medals from it and it definitely was one of the hardest things I did in 2014 making it one of my 14 top moments. 
  2. Valentine's Day was definitely a high point for me his year which is weird because its valentine's day, but that night we had an improv show. And we called it the forever alone show. That was fun but afterwards, my sister Macie, Michael, Hayden and I went to Taco Bell around 8 or 9 and we just talked until the manager told us we had to leave so they could close. It was extremely fun and I picked it as a top moment because I love my friends and this was just an example of the fact that we stick together and that none of us are truly alone. 
  3. Speaking of improv, I was on our team and we were coached by Nick Haas who is a member of Blimprov in Fresno. But one time at practice he told my teacher asked about recruiting because I was a creative team player and saved  some of the games from crashing. I'm extremely proud of this compliment because I was terrified of improv my freshman year and it was nice to have someone notice my improvement. - Check out their Facebook page! Support local theatre! https://www.facebook.com/Blimprov
  4. Being in Annie was super stressful. But the last day or whenever we all went to Denny's was super fun. We all had worked together to make a great show and now we were all friends. And everyone knew how to play the "Schultz" game. 
  5. Magic Mountain was where we had our "grad nite" and I spent all night riding rollercoasters with my best friends. And even though our bus broke down on the way there and we had to ride a party bus home I had the time of my life and rode so many rides so needless to say this was a top moment. 
  6. Graduating High School was obviously a top moment because I made it through 4 crappy years and was able to have a pretty good time powering through. 
  7. I worked with the Kings Players Kid's Camp to put on the Jungle Book this summer and during one of the last nights the compliments I received just blew my mind. Many parents complimented me on my skill of being able to gain control and make sure things ran smoothly and many said that I needed to be paid more. But I loved working with those kids and knowing that I was good at it was just the icing on the cake.
  8. Going to college is definitely a top moment because I was so proud of myself. It was really hard making that transition to a new home 12 hours away, but I did it and I cried I would say minimally. I'm proud of being able to do that giving it the potential to make this list.
  9. 24 Hour Theatre was I project I did while I was at BYU. I auditioned and I worked with complete strangers rehearsing a new script for 12 hours and performed it that night. I had a lot of fun and I loved my director and the other girl I was working with. It made me remember why I love theatre people again and that's one of the many reasons it was picked as a top moment, 
  10. Thanksgiving was really special this year because just when I thought I wasn't going to be able to see my family, my uncle bought me a ticket to fly to our family's Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for that because it definitely helped me power through the semester. And I really enjoy playing soccer with my family.
  11. Our last day of class this fall semester there was a dance I went with a couple friends and I literally danced until I couldn't anymore. Let's just say my hair was curly and by the end of the night it was straight from sweat. (Gross I know, but I didn't care). I danced away my problems and I didn't care what others thought. 
  12. Finals Week was a top moment for me because I finished all my finals that Monday. I woke up at 6 left my dorm by 7 took all four of my finals and was done by 12. The rest of the week so many people told me that I was their hero, but I was just glad to be done.
  13. The day after I flew home I got to go to Hanford High's Footloose rehearsal and it was awesome I loved seeing new and old faces and how far along they were. They are awesome and I'm really excited for them. Remember to go see it at the end of January.  
  14. A couple days ago I went to Denny's with my best friends and I've been waiting since I left for college, for the day when we could all hang out again. We talked for we talked for like seven hours and ate a lot of food.
Well, I'm sure I missed a couple but there are my 14 top moments of 2014. 
I was going to do 15 goals for 2015, but that's a lot so I will do 5. 

  1. Stop caring about what others think. 
  2. Stop worrying about things I can't control.
  3. Have more fun and less time wasting.
  4. Go to the library and the gym more. 
  5. Stop being a hater. 
Well, soon we will be ringing in the New Year. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment