Michaella

Michaella

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dare to Be Friends

Dare To Be Friends
 
As I come home on a Thursday night depressed and alone with 14 days, 22 hours, and 9 minutes left till graduation I have become glum and solemn. High school graduation is a big transition in a person's life, unlike "8th grade promotion" with high school graduation comes college and moving away until everyone is eventually gone. Now a lot of times people aren't sad at their graduations because they have intentions to keep in touch and still be very close with their friends, (my friends already have plans to fly in and see my first baby, but that won't be anytime soon. Don't worry).
 
 
But what about the people who you just became friends with this year, or the girl who made you laugh every day in your math class, or even the annoying guy in your drama class that you actually think is pretty awesome and gives really good hugs. You were never close enough to these people to say "Hey I miss you! Let's hang out!" or "Hey lets face time!" so in reality when you turn your tassels you are leaving these people behind. That's the saddest part about moving on, not being able to carry on acquaintanceships,
 
But there is a point to this blog post I promise.
 
And I know this is kind of aimed at future seniors but that's where I am with my life right now. But this can also apply to others as well.
 
Dare to be friends. Tell that boy that you want his number not to get into his pants but to get to know him. Ask that girl to go to lunch with you. Go to a party with a new crowd. Let people into your heart. The best way to keep close with acquaintanceships is to make them friendships.
 
Recently I was just in the musical Annie and I was obviously the lead role of Mrs. Pugh also know as one of the many Mr.Warbuck's servants. (I hope you caught that sarcasm...)Anyways there were so many new faces and in the last couple weeks leading up to the performance we became very close. But as soon as we started becoming friends the show ended and that was it. I wish that I had taken the time to become friends with them so much sooner because now all these sweet girls and boys are just acquaintances that I have a couple memories with. 
 
And time has run out. In 96 days I will be moving 747 miles away to a new place with new people and none of the people I just started to bond with. And I'm scared, scared isn't even a strong enough word. I'm freakin terrified. And the thing is time goes on. No one here will have their life stop because I moved away. The girl will still make people laugh and the boy in your drama class will still give hugs. So the whole point of this blog post is put yourself out there if you want to be friends with someone make the first move. Often times I have avoided situations because I didn't know people that well and I regret that I didn't take the chance because the way you make a stronger friendship it to get to know them and hang out. I'm going to be missing so many people who made high school great for me but they probably never see me again let alone how much I loved having them around.
 
That post was kind of rambly. But I hope you got something from that. Comment if you've ever felt this way... so I don't feel so crazy and weird.
 
xooxoox  


Hooverville - Annie Cast

 
My beautiful cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment