Michaella

Michaella

Monday, September 1, 2014

BYU DIGITAL TOUR

Since my friends and my family can't all come to Utah I decided to do a virtual tour of the campus! Don't judge my messiness or my bad pictures!
 
We will start with the school!
 
 To the east of the campus are these huge mountains! Provo lies in a valley in Utah and versus Hanford, California where the valley is  like a bowl in Provo the valley is shaped like a taco allowing the smog to be blown away. (Yeah that's a big problem in Hanford. Gross).  And look at the 'Y' on the mountain! I know its cool! You can hike up to it, people do it all the time.
 
But anyways! BYU is huge! To get to the rest of the campus from Helaman Halls or where I live
you have to climb up Freshman Hill. 
 
Ugh its a long climb.
 
This is a picture that I took when walking to my dorm... Yeah its like three times this and then I have to walk to my building! (So apparently Freshman Hill is supposed to be really fun to slide down in the winter when there is snow).
 
At the end of freshman hill there is the front of Helaman Halls or the group of buildings where I live and the cafeteria that I eat at called the Cannon Center.
 
 And then I walk to my building!
 
 
David John is my building! Yeah I live in the D building.. Go ahead and laugh.
I did. Lol.
But yes I am the top floor of the David John which is the 3rd Floor. And our hallway is decorated with a beach theme.
 
 
Yeah this surfboard is right outside my dorm! Its uber cute:)
 
 
And here we go!!
 

 
That's my desk and my shelves above my desk.
I made the calendar and the lamp shade.
Oh and the chair that comes with the desk functions as a rocking chair. It's pretty great! 
 
 
This is my bulletin board and the sticky notes that Hannah and Nicole left me when I was homesick. And above the sticky notes (not seen in the picture) I have posted some of the notes I got from my graduation party. I have opened Hayden's (Shout out to you!), my brother Merrick's and my Dad's.
 

 
This is the wall over my bed. There is a cork board strip that comes with the room so that means more pictures!  I got all my pictures printed from snapfish and it was only like $3 for 50 prints. Good deal and I have more than you see on the wall I just don't know where to put them yet.
Those dice are from my car that I couldn't take with me but they make me happy so I took them with me. And a picture I drew that says "She believed she could, so she did" and I plan on putting more artwork and letters up there too.
 

 
 That is my bed and it is super tall if I stood next to it, it comes right underneath my "bust". I have three plastic bins from target under there with random things I haven't exactly put away yet. And I have two bins under there with food and extra bathroom stuff. Good combo, I know.
 
 
 
This is how much space it between the two beds.... And our stools because the beds are so high. But in reality I use the stool to climb on the  fridge and then on to the bed. Oh and that's my hamper.
 
 On the other side of the room is my closet! 
 
That's the outside because I freakin love purses!
 
 
This is the inside there is stuff hanging on the doors but I didn't take a picture because its like bras and stuff. And you don't need to see that. Even if they are super cute.
 
Next is the bathroom!
 

That's the sink! And we each have a shelf above the sink and a drawer underneath.
 
The shower! Yeah I know its a cute one!



 
And this is all our stuff above the toilet! We are so organized!
So that's mine and Nicole's dorm and bathroom. The bathroom opens up into another dorm with Hannah and Lauryn. So we all share the bathroom.
 
I'm not going to lie. Right now I just got off the phone with my family and I cried the whole time. Moving is hard and its not for everyone. But I know I can do this. I know I'm meant to be here. Sometimes I think about what if I went to another school closer to home or a community college and it never feels right. But here at BYU there are moments where I look around and I am grateful to be here and I know this is where I need to be. I absolutely love it here its just hard moving on from your family to having a roommate family. But I love my roommates they let me borrow shoes when I don't have the right ones for my job uniform, they go eat with me, and they make sure I'm okay. I love them and I'm so blessed to have them. I miss everyone from Hanford so if you ever want to call or text please do. I'm always afraid to because I don't want to cry but its good to get it out.
 
This scripture just always pops in my head when I feel like I'm not capable of college (and I do)
 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
 
So if you need good vibes or if you want to send some to me! You know how to contact me :)
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Thanks for the tour. Love your bedding. And it looks like you are all settled in and ready to start the school year. Love you!

    ReplyDelete