Michaella

Michaella

Sunday, September 28, 2014

I know God is real because of FHE

Something that Latter Day Saints (the politically correct term for Mormons) practice is Family Home Evening. This is a time that is supposed to be dedicated for Family time and often consists of a lesson and activity. But because here at BYU in YSA Wards (Young Single Adult) we don't have families so we are put into groups and the call a"Mom" and a "Dad" but since we have really big groups so there are 3 so we just call them group leaders. Since we have only been here at BYU for a couple weeks there weren't leaders yet and we had just barely been separated into our groups. But after the first couple times I had come to hate FHE. My roommate didn't like coming, I felt like I didn't belong, and that they could get along without me. So I thought to myself that I would not go to family home evening.

And then I had an interview with a member of the bishopric.

And I was called as one of Group Four's FHE Leader.

And I was shocked. This was a calling that I did not want but I accepted it anyway. This was a calling I needed. I never told anyone that I hated FHE I just kept that and the fact that I was done going to myself. I know truly that this calling was inspired.

Today I was set apart and usually its a normal prayer to help me know what I can do and how to do it etc. But in this prayer that was said for my benefit was very different. Brother Nelson blessed me that I would be able to grow not only spiritually but socially in this calling. When he said these words I knew that God had inspired everything he was saying because he knew that I didn't feel like I belonged in this group and I was having a hard time. The next thing Brother Nelson said was that my studies wouldn't suffer because of this calling and that was a big concern for me because Monday (the day where FHE is supposed to take place not only at BYU but around the world) I have class from 9am-7pm and when I was called I was very concerned about that fact that FHE usually takes place at 7 on Mondays and I know that God knew this concern. One of the last things that Brother Nelson blessed me with was the ability to use my talents: sociability and likeability to further my calling and I know this was God's reminder to me that I am capable and prepared to do this calling. I am so grateful that through the power of the priesthood I was able to listen to my Heavenly Father talk to me through Brother Nelson and that even through I still have some doubts about this calling that I can do this through His help.

Just another message from "The Lord's University" or at least that's what they call it here. I just call it BYU because the Lord is everywhere not just here.

Till next time :)

Hot Dog Eating Contest At FHE.

This was my first FHE with my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment