Michaella

Michaella

Sunday, September 20, 2015

37 Days.

Finished my third week of school. And it has been 37 days since I moved in. What an adventure. If I could use one experience to explain how I am feeling it would be this one. This past week my boss informed me that I had gotten a raise, a .25 raise but it still means that I would be making a couple of extra dollars. But then my workplace had a “schedule audit” and my hours got cut just enough so that the raise got cancelled out. And that describes my life right now. I feel like I take a couple steps forward and then a couple steps back. I think I am caught up on homework and sleep and then I realize I have so much more to do. It’s a torturous process. That’s why I have so many countdowns. If I can just make it to the next day, the next week, the next month; I’ll be okay. Recently I have been trying lots of new things to battle this torturous cycle. I joined a soccer team. Not that I have ever played. But I really wanted to. So I had my first game on Thursday. By the end of the night I think the other team was scared of me. Haha! I was just really aggressive in order to make up for my lack of foot finesse. I bulldozed a couple of girls and kicked a lot of shins. Other than still being sore, it was a great experience and I have another one on Saturday! I am also trying to make eating healthy a goal. But today I also ate a half bag of candy corn… We all make mistakes. And this whole new lifestyle choice, I guess you could say is not for weight loss but more of a detox. I read, and I read a lot of blogs and this week I read a lot of health blogs. My goals are clear skin, less headaches, and less tummy aches. So I am going to buckle down and drink way more water than I do know. Which is only a couple cups a day. I am also going to try less carbs and more veggies, in addition to trying to limit my dairy. (Which I will do after I eat all the yogurt and milk I just bought.) The idea is that I am going to just keep experimenting until my body tells me what is working. It’s a journey and I am actually really excited for. Living on my own means I have the ability to shape what I eat and it can be a great tool to a good life. Just two things that I am doing to help me focus on me and taking care of myself. I am keeping this short because I like to sleep but also because much didn’t happen this week. Just working and school. Have a great week lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment