Michaella

Michaella

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

If I was six.

If I was six.
I wouldn’t have to pay rent.
I wouldn’t have to worry about buying a car,
I wouldn’t be able to drive anyways.
I wouldn’t be living alone.
I wouldn’t have to take 14 credits.
Or worry about scholarships.
I wouldn’t have boy problems,
Little boys would be afraid of my cooties still.
I wouldn’t know all that I know.
I wouldn’t feel empowered by the trials
That I have been through.
I wouldn’t have the relationships that I cherish.
I wouldn’t have felt the love I’ve loved.
I wouldn’t have a deep testimony of Jesus Christ.
I wouldn’t be the independent women I am today.

I wouldn’t wish to be six. 

Simple, simple poem. I'm a not a gifted writer. But I have things to say. I love thinking about this idea though. We all wish that we could go back to a simpler age where life wasn't too tough or stressful. But at that age we know so little about the world, ourselves, and our divinity. Life would be nice if you were six, but life is worth more when you grow up. Some food for thought. Happy Wednesday! 
-M 

I don't think I was 6, maybe 5. But I was stinking adorable. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment