Michaella

Michaella

Monday, November 23, 2015

All you need is some chalk and some frozen toes. 11/16 - 11/22

Oh my heck. This week I don't think I slept at all but I had a pretty wonderful week. If bad things happened this week I don't remember them anymore. Which is pretty great. If you read last week's post, you know I was having a hard time with some stuff. But with a couple phone calls home and some good friends. That is all getting worked out. Tuesday I got to say good-bye to a good friend who left on his mission on Wednesday. He is hilarious and just all around good person. And I have a friend that gave his mission farewell today. Which makes me sad because I am really going to miss him. Which then makes me angry because we just became friends. So many people have walked into my life, made themselves important and walked out. Some had no choice, others completely did. Luckily, I have a really good stable support system so when these people come in and shake up my world, they keep me steady. But overall good times. Great times. I spent a lot of time this week socializing, Which for me although I am a huge introvert, is good for keeping me sane.
This weekend was the topper. Friday night I went bowling with a group of friends. It was me, Nicole, my sister and two return missionaries that got home that served back in the Fresno mission and one of their friends. It was really fun. We hadn't seen them in a long time and it was fun bowling instead of helping teach a lesson or when we were feeding the missionaries. There was this guy one lane over, he seemed to be bowling alone. He kept trying to give us bowling advice and kept offering us his chalk. Most of us laughed but one Elder (I guess I should really stop saying Elder. Because he's home. Lol.) but he paid attention and started getting a lot more strikes. So who knows, it may have been the chalk. It was really a great time and it didn't matter how awful I am at bowling. Then that night we decided to camp out in the line for BYU's last home game. Nicole had the brilliant idea of doing it. And I had the brilliant idea of making sure she didn't back out. So at one in the morning we set up a tent in the football line. And we slept there. Nicole, me, Ethan and Romney. AND OH MY GOSH. It was so cold. I have never been so cold in my whole life. It was 20 degrees most of the time. Although it dropped lower. I had a sleeping bag, a coat and a blanket. Ethan only had a blanket and a coat and then Nicole and  her friend Romney were sharing a blanket. But I woke up to go to the bathroom and Nicole told me to take her car keys. I don't know why but I left and went home haha. I grabbed every single blanket in our house and brought it back. I took one and then I just piled them on Ethan and Nicole. Nicole and Romney
left to get Starbucks and never came back. They instead opted for the warm car. Ethan and I made it the whole night. Neither of us actually slept. More like shivering with our eyes clothes. But we did it. Ethan said he got hypothermia and I just laughed it off. We packed up took turns leaving the line to shower and change and we were all in the stadium by 11AM and then finally the game started at 1. AND WE KICKED FRESNO'S TRASH. (That is a very Mormon saying and I hear it constantly. First time I actually used it though.) It was awesome. We were right behind the field goal and Madison and I kept Ethan's blanket hostage the whole game. And after being outside at the Stadium for 16 hours, it was over and we all went home. Right after we got home I dropped my sister off and went to go see BYU's production of Beauty and the Beast. It was amazing. There was no set, no castle, just to staircases that led to a platform and a million trap doors. Most everything was made up of the actors and it was glorious. And the Beast and Bell were married in real life so that just made me heart melt. 

I was told I was crazy. That I was going to freeze. (And I did, but no the point). But it was crazy fun. I had an amazing time. There was no crying, no stressing, just fun. And it was awesome. So maybe it was crazy, maybe it was too much. But I loved it. We often play it too safe and we stay home. We should go out more. We should be that kid that does the crazy stuff because life is short. Too short not to camp out in the middle of the night in Utah.  Be that girl. (Or guy.) because why not, don't be too afraid. Because then you will have a boring life and nothing to tell your grand-children. Find a tent and pitch it. 

Hey! I'll be doing a Q&A next Wednesday! So I need some questions! Comment below, email me, message me on Facebook, text, tell, smoke signal, etc. And watch for a giveaway on Wednesday's post! Till next time 


- M

No comments:

Post a Comment