Michaella

Michaella

Monday, November 30, 2015

Gobble Gobble 11/23 - 11/29

This past week was Thanksgiving which means that my family came up to good ole' Provo and we had Thanksgiving with some good friends of ours. It was a really good time. The reserved a church building (one of the many churches here) so it felt really different but a good different. And they had crafts for all the little kids, but you know I made a hand turkey and a thankful tree. It is times like these that I feel truly blessed to be where I am with the amazing support that I have. I am truly blessed to have such a funny family and overall a funny life. My brother Miles is basically a comedian. Some of my favorite quotes from this week from him are, "When I get Youtube famous, I am going to have a channel about pick up lines." "Miles clean up your mouth." "Why should I?" I had bought Miles this $1 sticker book versus the $17 dinosaur book that he wanted and then he goes and tells my Mom, "It's not much of a book, but it's fine." That kid cracks me up in addition to dancing on my last nerve and my heart strings all at the same time. We didn't do much when they were here. We didn't go hiking, ice skating or anything. But I don't feel like we missed out. We ate, watched movies, played games and just told a lot of stories. And it was wonderful. It makes me excited to have a family of my own. And from my dad's chanting of "grandbabies" I can tell that he is excited to. But that chapter of my life is still a little far off. Example: I went on a date that was exactly 1 hour long. I put on real pants to sip soda and sit quietly to really loud Jazz music for one hour and then to be promptly taken home. Those kinds of dates don't lead to marriage, let alone grandbabies. Like they say patience is a virtue, that eager dads need to learn.
But now Thanksgiving has come and gone. I have two more weeks of school and then finals. And I have already had a couple of panic attacks. Luckily, I have a really good friend that knows some really good breathing techniques and a Mom who seems to make everything better. I am excited for this semester to be over. I have about 4 performances I have to prepare for and two finals. Soon I will hear if I was admitted into the Theatre Ed Program. And I will soon figure out if I can move out to the apartment that I have been eyeing. And then somehow I have to get to the airport to fly home. Lots of things are going on. But it isn't nothing new. Nothing I can't handle. And no matter what happens, in three weeks, it will all be over. That is the funny thing about time, it doesn't wait for you to be ready.
I also still have a giveaway going on! Click here to find out more!
Till next time!
- M

Oh I also dyed my hair brown. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment