Michaella

Michaella

Monday, November 9, 2015

The verge of death. The verge of tears.

This past week was one that could go down in a weird comedy. Like a RomCom except very far from romance. On Tuesday or Monday, I can't remember, but I was walking towards the bus stop on my way home when I saw my home teacher. I waved at him because I am a nice person and then he drove his motorcycle over to me and then asked if I wanted a ride. I thought about it for a moment but then I totally jumped on. I loved it. Riding a motorbike or cycle whatever it actually was makes me think of my Dad and how he used to take me to seminary on it. So I loved the ride and I mean I love avoiding the bus. And then he told me I had beautiful eyes. Wednesday I had a meeting at 2 o'clock so that I could get some forms signed so that I could apply to my major. But I also work from 12-4 on Wednesdays. So I just told the girl I work with I would have to leave for just a little bit but because I apparently can't read clocks I left work to go to the meeting at 1, got there and was reminded that my appointment was at 2. So I ran back across campus and got to work and had to explain that I messed up the times and that I would have to leave again. An hour later I ran from work again across campus and then got my papers signed and ran back. If you saw a girl in a red hoodie and a purple folder running like a crazy person, that was probably me. I was really upset at myself, but somehow everything worked out. (Because it always does.) Friday was the climax of the craziness. I went and played Settlers of Catan with some friends. And I lost every game we played and I was u-p-s-e-t. Mostly because there is a lot of trash talking and man I was always so close. Except for the last one, I lost and I lost badly. But afterwards I came home and I am just chilling on my bed. And then all of a sudden there is this very loud chirping that is going off like every 30 seconds. And it was only me and Nicole home. Nicole wasn't doing anything so I figured I would just fix it so I went in and took the batteries out. Nothing. And so we decided it was Megan's so I run into her room, jump on her bed and begin to rip her batteries out. But it was still chirping. I call my Dad and he was no help. At this point I'm really frustrated, Nicole wasn't helping me stop the chirping, my Dad couldn't help me. Megan got home and I'm still standing on her bed, so she is talking to me. And then at this point Nicole sends me this text message that says she took a quiz on Facebook and it says that Megan is her hottest friend. In a moment of dramatic rage, I slammed the door. In slamming the door, it door got stuck. When I mean stuck I don't mean that it just needed to be forced open. I mean the latch got stuck in the wall and would not open. The door was stuck. And I was freaking out, everyone thought it was hilarious. Luckily, Megan had a toolbox in her room so I decided to take the doorknob off. I took the doorknob off and tried to pull the latch out of the door. And that didn't help. At all. But then I decided to try and take the pins out of the hinges. And I got the first two, easy peasy. And then the top one, I could not get out. At this point, I'm at having a breakdown. A full on breakdown. But you couldn't tell because I was laughing. But I was not okay. And everyone was telling me to calm down. Let me tell you. THAT DOESN'T HELP. It doesn't calm me down. It doesn't calm anyone down. So next time you are in a crisis refrain from saying the phrase "Calm Down." I then just sat and freaked out and Megan in an attempts to calm me down turned on Grey's Anatomy. There was a lot of yelling and crying. Until Megan finally called her Brother-In-Law at like 11:30 and he came and he couldn't get the latch out of the door so somehow him shaking the door and Megan trying to get the last pin out at the same time worked. And I was free. I was able to walk out of the room I was locked in for 40 minutes. Moral of this story, never slam a door and ignore the fire alarm and make your roommates deal with them. Luckily, we were set free and I love Megan and Nicole for putting up with me because those were not my finer moments. They are amazing and I am blessed to have them in my life. As if this blog post wasn't already super funny, I have also added the compilation of my snapchats from that traumatizing night. So enjoy! If you have any comments, comment below! Or you can always email me! Till next time!
- M


No comments:

Post a Comment