Michaella

Michaella

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

10 of the best qualities a friend could have.

Friends. In my 19 years of life, I've had quite my share of friends. Not all of them have been healthy relationships, but they often lead me to meet other really great people. And so today I want to take some time to celebrate some of these great people that have been in my life.

1. A personal therapist - Everyone should have a friend that can calm them down when they are on the brink of hysteria. I have a best friend, Hayley, and she is this person for me. When I break down and I begin to fall into a panic attack. After trying to breathe on my own  and failing miserably, I can always shoot her a text. Without fail, she can always get me back to a point where I can finally breathe and stop panicking. I don't know how she does this, but she is my wonderful person who can ground me. Everyone should have someone like that. Thank you Hayley!

2. Always down to hang - I have two very best friends, Logan and Megan, who are always down to party. They are the best. They are always down to hang out and if you give them a time, place, and an activity they will be there. It is refreshing to have friends who will actually hang out with you. And it also comes in handy when you just really can't be in the house anymore. Thank you Logan and Megan!

3. Unconditional love - My friend Kayla is a great example of this. She loves my regardless of how long it's been since we talked, what's going on or what the weather's like. And it's wonderful and I'm so lucky to have her. To have a friend that will love you no matter what hits the fan is a liberating and comforting fact. Thank you Kayla!

4. A giver - We moved to this great house when I was in high school and right across the street was a lovely girl named Aubrey and we quickly became friends. Aubrey is one of the most thoughtful people I've ever met. There have been many days where she has texted me to come outside and handed me cookies, a boyou Aubrey!
ok or something sh

e painted for me. She truly thinks about me and shows it. It makes me feel loved and thought about. Thank

5. One who says it how it is - My girl Marissa, who I miss very very much, is the best. She cuts the bull and she is just who she is which is one of the best qualities in a friend. If she has a problem she'll let you know, if you are doing something destructive she will let you know because she loves you. One of the best people I met in high school and we aare still great friends today. Thank you Marissa!

6. Sincere caring - Hannah is one who just amazes me with how much she soncerly cares about people. I can go to her and she will listen, give e advice and just love me through it. She will call me to see what's up because she just loves to love people. Thank you Hannah!

7. A cuddle buddy - Ah. I love hugs and I also love just being held. My sister Macie and my good friend Brooks are the best at this. Not that either of them are here right now, but this is one of the many reasons why I miss them both. Brooks used to let me sleep on his shoulder whenever we watched movies or anything. Macie is just always there. It makes me feel safe and warm. Thanks Macie and Brooks!!


8. A good listener - This is one of the quaities that I thoroughly appreciate because it's hard for me to actually say what I am feeling. So it's important that when I say something it's being heard. I met one of the best listeners this semester. Rachel is awesome and she listens to all the stupid crap that I say and just lets me say it. Which makes me feel like what I say although may not be smart or funny, but is at least worth saying. Thanks Rachel!

9. Low maintenance - These are the best kinds of friends. The ones where they can walk into your house sit down on your couch and just be there with you. You don't have the stress of entertaining them because you are just glad to be there with you. Kayla and Louise are the greatest when it comes to this. I spent so many nights this summer just being with them and it was awesome. Thanks Kayla and Louise!!



10. Discusses movies, books, politics, brownies, the spring musical etc. - Jenni is the special snowflake in this category. She is wonderful for a conversation about whatever and you can really talk about it. It's always a great thing to have an actual conversation that is interesting and it makes me feel like we are actually friends who actually have a relationship that isn't based on one activity or one part of my life. But we are friends because we actually want to be friends. Thanks Jenni!

Obviously, there aren';t the only friends that I have and love but I wanted to point some qualities that I enjoy that a few of them poses. Friends have often been the reason I have ket going and stayed sane. So always remember to be a good friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment