Michaella

Michaella

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

BOW BOW BOW. I hope you read that in the voice from that Phineas and Ferb vine. (Not that I could find this said vine. But whatever, still kinda salty.) None the less, IT'S ALMOST 2k16. So this means we are all going to start thinking of things we want to change in our lives. And we are going to start really strong and fizzle out into our own bad habits.

BUT, I say let's not do this.

I say we actually make goals. Not resolutions.

Are these things the same? Well, perhaps.

Goals, I believe are different.

At work I am a crew supervisor, (I know. Go me.) and so every three weeks I have a One-On-One meeting with the owner and he has me set three goals. The goals can be anything. He says that they can be work related or self improvement. He says that if we imporve ourselves then that overall will imporve the store. And these goals work. Some of mone have been driking more water, keeping the store cleaner etc. But they work because every three weeks I get asked about them and I evealute myself. I hold myself accountable for these goals.

SO CHALLENGE.
Write some goals. Give yourself some dates to check in with yourself. Set time to reevaluate yourself and how you are with yout goals.

Don't worry I am going to do it too.

I have some goals.

1. I want to read Preach My Gospel and Jesus the Christ this year. I want to finish reading Preach My Gospel by the end of June and then Jesus the Christ by the end of December.

2.  I would like to learn how to save money better. I want to begin the 52 week money saving challenge starting next week. And I might start putting money away as if I was paying car insurance to make a down payment on the insurance when I finally decide to buy one.

3. I would also like to eat better. Which means some extra planning. Spending and planning meals. I have some real cute printables that is going to help me so this.

4. I would also like to stress less. But that is kinda a unattainable goal. So I am going to rephrase this to saying. I would like to handle stress better. I would really like to attend BYU's Cousneling and Physcological Service (CAPS) stress support group. Talking is hard for me but if I get out of my head I am usually able to relax. Stess group and some phsycail excersize is my plan to help me relax.

5. I need to be social. And I am not quite sure how I am going to do this, but I moved into a a really social place so I mean that's a great start.

6. I also want to serve more. In my New Testament class we speant a lot of time talking about how those who turn outwards will learn more about themselves and will be happier people. I whole-heartedly believe that. So I want to serve some more. I joined a group called Dosomething.orh which sends you little projects you can be involved with on the internet and then I started looking at programs that I can get involved with through BYU and their Y-Serve program.

6 goals is kinda a weird place to stop. But if you think about it I can take each month and focus on one goal twice. I think it'll be a good system.

I still have time to set up solid dates and plans but I think I am off to a great start.

If you really want to make a cahnge this year, do it. Write it out, make it a plan. Tell the whole world you are going to do it so you have some extrinisic motivation for when you just don't really want to follow through.

Years fly by. And you don't know when your last New Year's party is. Time is the most predicatble and yet mind boggling things that we deal with. If you want to make a change, do it today. Make some goals and follow up with someone.

You got this.
Till next time,
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment